1 the mistress of a chateau or large country house
2 a chain formerly worn at the waist by women; for carrying a purse or bunch of keys etc.
Châtelaine (French châtelaine, wife of the lord of a castle) has the following meanings:
- A woman who owns or controls a large house (for example, the Chatelaine of Rideau Hall).
- Chatelaine (chain) - A set of short chains on a belt worn by women and men for carrying keys, thimble and/or sewing kit, etc.
- Châtelaine, a French-Canadian women's magazine, published by Rogers Communications
- Chatelaine (magazine), a Canadian English-language women's magazine, also by Rogers
- La Châtelaine, a neighborhood in Geneva
- Chatelaine, a neighborhood in Delray Beach, Florida
- Chatelaine (singer) is a French Canadian singer.
- La Châtelaine Chocolat Co. (Chocolaterie) is a French Chocolaterie making exquisite ganache filled chocolate, located in Bozeman, Montana----
chatelaine in Slovenian: Chatelaine
abbess, anklet, armlet, bangle, beads, bijou, bracelet, breastpin, brooch, captain, castellan, chain, chaplet, charm, chatelain, circle, commandant, commander, coronet, crown, dame, diadem, director, dowager, earring, executive, first lady, fob, gem, goodwife, governess, governor, great lady, homemaker, housewife, intendant, jewel, locket, madam, manager, master, matriarch, matron, mistress, mother superior, necklace, nose ring, pin, precious stone, rhinestone, ring, ruler, stickpin, stone, tiara, torque, wampum, wristband, wristlet